EuroMillions draws take place on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 21:00 CEST (20:00 BST). The results for the last five Tuesday EuroMillions draws can be found below:
Although EuroMillions started in 2004, the Tuesday draw was not introduced until Tuesday 10th May 2011. This date coincided with an increase in the pool of Lucky Star numbers, taking the matrix from 1-9 to 1-11, and the introduction of a 13th prize tier for players matching just two main numbers. The number of Lucky Stars was increased again, from 11 to 12, ahead of the draw on Tuesday 27th September 2016.
The odds of winning the EuroMillions jackpot do not change based on how many tickets are sold, so you have an equal chance of winning on a Tuesday or a Friday.
On average, the midweek draw attracts fewer players than the Friday draw, so there's slightly more chance that you won't have to share the jackpot if you win on a Tuesday. Since the midweek draw launched in May 2011, 90% of jackpots won on a Tuesday were claimed by a single ticket, compared to 85% of those won on a Friday.
Notable Tuesday winners
Despite being less popular than the Friday night draw, the midweek EuroMillions draw has resulted in some of the biggest prizes in the game's history:
- On 8th October 2019 the record for the biggest ever lottery prize won in the UK was smashed when one player won £170 million (€190 million). The jackpot had gone on a record-breaking run of rollovers to reach that amount and remained at its cap for five consecutive draws. The fifth and final draw was a 'Must Be Won' draw, in which the jackpot was guaranteed to be given away. No such guarantees were needed, however, as one lucky player matched all the numbers to win the entire amount. The winner came forward quickly and claimed their prize anonymously. The jackpot cap was increased to €200 million in February 2020.
- Colin and Chris Weir held the record for the biggest lottery jackpot won in the UK for eight years after they hit a jackpot of £161 million (€185 million) on Tuesday 12th July 2011.
- Just two months after the Weirs' win, a French player from Calvados won €162 million on Tuesday 13th September 2011.
- Steve and Lenka Thomson from West Sussex won a £105 million jackpot on Tuesday 19th November 2019, becoming the UK's ninth-biggest jackpot winners.
- On Tuesday 2nd October 2018, a player from Northwestern Switzerland won the country's biggest ever jackpot of CHF183 million (£144 million), following a Superdraw on 21st September. The starting jackpot of €130 million rolled over three times until the Swiss ticket holder won the entire amount.
- A family syndicate from Co Dublin became Ireland’s biggest EuroMillions winners on Tuesday 19th February 2019. A Superdraw jackpot from the start of the month rolled over five times before they landed €175 million (£152 million).
- A French player took home the third-biggest jackpot in the country's history when they won €157 million on Tuesday 1st September 2020.
Tuesday is best for winning UK Millionaire Maker
UK players are automatically entered into the UK Millionaire Maker when they purchase a EuroMillions ticket. This accompanying game gives players the chance to win a £1 million prize if the winning UK Millionaire Maker code drawn matches the one printed on their EuroMillions ticket. One free UK Millionaire Maker code is included for every line of EuroMillions numbers purchased, and a £1 million prize is given away in each EuroMillions draw.
Based on assumed sales per draw*, you are more likely to win the UK Millionaire Maker on a Tuesday compared to a Friday:
|Odds of winning on Tuesday||Odds of winning on Friday|
|1 in 3,570,000||1 in 5,080,000|
So, not only do you stand a better chance of winning a £1 million UK Millionaire Maker prize in the Tuesday draw, if you are lucky enough to hit the jackpot you're less likely to have to share the prize!
*These odds may vary considerably depending on the number of UK Millionaire Maker entries for each draw (for example if there is a large EuroMillions jackpot which entices more players to participate).