The rules for playing EuroMillions aren't complicated but it makes sense for every player to fully understand them in order to play confidently and responsibly. We advise all prospective players to spare a few minutes to get acquainted with the following regulations.
- All players must be aged 18 or over with the exception of players within the UK who must be aged 16 or over.
- Prizes can only be claimed in the country where the winning ticket was originally purchased. For players who have won a prize via a concierge service, winnings must be collected via the service rather than from the lottery operator.
- EuroMillions prizes must be claimed within a set number of days relevant to the draw date and differs between participating countries:
Country Days to Claim Austria 3 Years Belgium 90 Days France 60 Days Ireland 90 Days Luxembourg 60 Days Portugal 90 Days Spain 90 Days Switzerland 180 Days UK 180 Days
- Whoever is in possession of a winning ticket is considered the rightful recipient of the prize and so the purchaser may not automatically be the beneficiary. We advise purchasers to sign the back of their tickets to demonstrate ownership and to avoid potential legal complications if the ticket is lost and the prize subsequently claimed by the finder of the ticket.
- Players must select five main numbers between 1 and 50.
- Players must select two additional Lucky Star numbers between 1 and 11.
- Ticket sales close on the day of the relevant draw at 20:30 CET (19:30 GMT).