Create a EuroMillions Syndicate
EuroMillions syndicates are an excellent way for friends or family to come together and try to win huge cash prizes, but a structure needs to be in place before you start playing to ensure that everything runs smoothly and everyone knows what is expected of them.
A syndicate manager will need to be appointed, as EuroMillions prizes can only be paid out to one player according to National Lottery rules. The person chosen to be the syndicate manager must be someone who is trustworthy and willing to take on the following duties:
- Maintaining an up-to-date syndicate agreement, signed by all members.
- Keeping track of payments and ensuring that all money has been received in time.
- Buying the relevant tickets and storing them securely. Purchasing EuroMillions tickets online is a great way of making sure none of the entries go missing.
- Checking the tickets after a draw to tally up the prizes won. If you play online, the entries will be automatically checked for you.
- Appointing another member of the syndicate to re-check the tickets after each draw to ensure that no mistakes have been made.
- Collecting any prizes and sharing the cash amongst the other members.
Lottery Syndicate Calculator
Use the following calculator to find out how your odds improve in a syndicate and how your prize share will be affected depending on how many tickets are purchased:EuroMillions Syndicate Calculator
What to Include in Your EuroMillions Syndicate Agreement
A set of rules in the form of a syndicate agreement helps protect everyone in the group and ensures that payouts are dealt with fairly and in a way that is to the satisfaction of all members. Every syndicate is different and will have their own requirements when it comes to drawing up a list of rules, but here are some useful points you might want to add to an agreement:
- The date the syndicate began.
- The names of the members of the syndicate.
- Contact details for the syndicate manager.
- Confirmation of whether you are playing in either the Tuesday or Friday draws, or both draws each week.
- Details of how many entries your group will play in each draw.
- The numbers the group will play.
- The cost of each player's stake.
- The share of a prize that each player will receive.
- What will happen if a player does not pay their stake on time.
- What will happen if a player leaves the syndicate.
- A majority decision on whether the group will go public or remain anonymous if they win a big prize.
- A signed agreement from the syndicate manager promising to distribute any prizes won.
Draft Syndicate Agreement
The EuroMillions syndicate agreement should be signed and witnessed by each syndicate member. As a new syndicate agreement will have to be drawn up if a new member joins or an existing member leaves, you may wish to specify the period for which the syndicate will run to allow for new syndicate members to join, or existing members leave, on pre-designated dates.
Please note that this agreement is for information purposes only and individuals wishing to establish a syndicate should seek independent legal advice. The clauses contained in the Agreement are suggestions only and should be adapted to meet individual requirements. Euro-Millions.com accepts no responsibility for errors and omissions or for any loss or claim arising out of the use of this Draft Agreement whether in whole or in part.